1. Why is learning of a foreign language very important and useful for you?
2. Why Russian?
3. Why Russian with tutor Mariya?
1. Knowledge of foreign language always was very important for everyone in any country. Even in the ancient world people tried to learn foreign languages. It was something magical and those who did it were scientists, philosophers and men of wisdom. Such knowledge was the sign of very high status, great wisdom and perfect education. In all the times people which spoke different languages had more possibilities and privileges. 90% famous people spoke and speak at least one foreign language. It’s well known fact that learning of foreign language is the best training for your mind. Those processes which are happening in the mind during learning or speaking (reading, writing, listening) foreign language are very important for all the functions of our brain. Foreign language (and its learning) develops our memory, thinking, understanding and comprehension skills. It has the great positive influence to the main logical processes of our mind such as analysis and synthesis. Learning a foreign language (especially if it’s very different from your native one) you widen your abilities of perception and mastering information.
Moreover learning of a foreign language is great not only for brain. It’s also very interesting and can give you a real pleasure. As you know the language (the mother tongue) is the soul of the nation. It carries the spirit of centuries, all the events which have happened to the nation during its history. Language shows all the ethnic flavor. It opens for you national culture, mentality, character and peculiarities of people. One famous person said: “Each new language which you learn makes you a new person” That’s why I think the learning of a foreign language is the most useful, profitable and beautiful activity.
2. Russia is a very big country with the great history, beautiful landscapes, amazing culture and very interesting language. It’s not simple but it’s really wonderful. It has more different devices (than any others language in the world) for expressing various feelings and emotions. The learning of it seems to be the opening new planet and realizing yourself able to express you thoughts in a new way. I can assure you that while learning Russian you can find many little (but very important) details in your life and put a new face on them. Besides Russian is very popular as the foreign language in many countries of the world. And it’s not surprisingly. It has to be known that Russian is spoken in 15 countries: Russia, Ukraine, Belorussia, Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan. And in these countries Russian is official or the second official language. So, I think I have the strong grounds to say that the Russian language is the right choice!
You can learn Russian for:
- You own pleasure
- Development of your personal skills
- Visiting many different Russian-speaking countries as a tourist
- Free communication with Russian-speaking people around the world (friendship, common interests, marriage, business, etc.)
- Doing business in Russian-speaking countries (it is said that these countries are the best field for a beneficial investments nowadays).
- For moving to Russia or other Russian-speaking country.
- You can give your children amazing opportunity to master one of the greatest languages in the world!
(And of course, if your roots are in Russian speaking country – help your children not to forget the language of your ancestors.)
3. Nowadays we have a great number of different ways of learning everything we want. Different audio and video courses, science and training literature, primers, manuals, text books, newspapers, special magazines and modern computer programs-(tutors) etc. And we can successfully use any of them for learning anything except language. In fact you can learn a lot of subjects and sciences by yourself without any assistance but unfortunately you can not learn foreign language on your own. There are few simple reasons of it. First of all language is a communication and we can communicate only with one another (not with study materials :)) Then the learning of the foreign language seems to be the way through the unknown dark room: You know your final aim but you can’t see it, you don’t know and can’t see where you have to turn, to step over, bend down or jump. You are just going through the darkness trying to catch something by your hands, stumbling again and again. In addition you are moving very slowly and irresolutely.
But just imagine! Someone takes your hand, someone who knows this room, and now you’re following him. You walk faster and confidently. Then he takes a little electric torch and you already can see some important things on your way! During your way he turns on different lamps one by one and you can see more and more. Finally he turns on the chandelier. Now you can see everything!
After all if you already have tried to learn a foreign language you should see that no matter how good printed study materials are, many questions appear in the process of studying; The studying in groups also isn’t the best variant. It has its advantages and disadvantages but by my own experience I can say that the individual lessons are much better way to learn a foreign language.